Friday, September 6, 2019


SEPTEMBER  RAIN

The wash of rain - cleaning the dust
off my blue car - clearing the sidewalk -
soaking the grass and the brown fields -
great sound on the porch and the patter
on leaves - seeing the defiance of grey
gravestones - hearing the musical swish -
the back and forth of windshield wipers -
appreciating living in the northeast -
knowing those in the southwest who
once lived in the northeast - miss their
roots and the fall of rain - on so many
a September day till the dislike of cold rain -
but like many things in life, that’s not yet.
  
© Andy Costello, Reflections 2019


2 comments:

Eddie Vazquez said...

So true about enjoying this rain, as I cut the grass in my home and clocked in over 5 miles while the mist was falling and a wonderful breeze thanks to Dorian. I couldn't help to reminisce of my beautiful island of Puerto Rico and made me feel that I was begin blessed by the remains of Dorian while doing my yard work.

Mary Joan said...

It is raining here today and it was nice to read your thought and hear SEPTEMBER RAIN .

I had forgotten that song .

It is delightful to have rain after a hot summer . Looking forward to October and more falling leaves .