Saturday, March 31, 2018

March 31, 2018


BEST  PIECE  OF  ADVICE 

Some admiral in giving a commencement
address said, “The best piece of advice
I can give you is to make your bed every
morning.”  I laughed to myself when
I heard that - because I never make
my bed. Why would I want to do that?
Then again - I better challenge myself:
"What would be my best piece of advice?"


My best piece of advice would be this: 
“When you sign your signature, your 
name, to anything, write it clearly, 
carefully and exactly." Hey, who sees 
our bed?  But others see our work 
and what we're willing to put our name to. 
It might make life easier for the other person 
who is trying to figure out, "Whose name 
is this?"  Don’t laugh now, it could become 
a collector's item some day. You never know.


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2018
Admiral William H. McRaven
University of Texas,  April 17, 2014


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous story there. What happened after?
Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi every one, here every person is sharing such experience, thus it's pleasant to read this website, and I used to go to see this blog
all the time.