Friday, February 2, 2018

February 2, 2018



SIGNS OF THE CROSS

I spot white wooden crosses along
the road - Route 301 -  where
someone died in a car crash or 
three wooden crosses reminding 
me of the 3 crosses on Calvary.

I see crosses in churches -
and on a wall in homes - usually that
of older people. The younger folks
haven’t reached a Bad Friday yet, one
that in time might become a Good Friday.

I see crosses in faces on the subway
or in the back seat of a car - going
down the highway. - maybe worrying
about mom in the hospital or hospice -
cancer - pancreatic - usually a killer.

I see crosses in my psyche, in my soul,
when everything is not going my way -
when I find out I can’t control my life -
when nobody asks or seems to care
what’s going on my hill called Calvary.

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2018

No comments: