Thursday, November 30, 2017

November 30, 2017

IN  FAVOR  OF GRAVESTONES: 
PUTTING  IT  IN  WRITING


Which do you want when you die?

To be buried in the green ground, with
a headstone - or tossed into the wind?

It would seem that writing -
carved - chiseled - words
into stone - would last longer
than words written in ink or on
paper. All things being equal,
I would assume that’s the
smarter way to say, “Hey,
I was here for a while. Read
my name and then find and talk
to someone who knew me.
Hopefully, they’ll say some 
interesting things about me. 
Okay, you want dust in the wind
or on 
the waters - but is this dust 
on my window sill or on my car you
or was it the crossing guard
who used to stand there outside
of P.S. 40 on 60th and 4th Avenue?



© Andy Costello, Reflections  2017

No comments: