Wednesday, May 18, 2016

May 18, 2016

WONDERINGS ….

  • Best moment of my life so far?
  • If I could design my own flag, what would it look like? Draw it….
  • As I get older, do I find myself saying, “I don’t know about that….” a lot more than when I was younger?
  • How do swans keep so white?
  • How do black birds stay so beautifully bluish black - especially in the rain?
  • When they moved from solid rubber tires to ones filled with air, were people nervous?
  • Can people over 55 change?
  • How about 45?
  • Can I change?
  • Tell another - describe to another - with specific details - one change I made in my life?
  • Does it take a cross to get God across to people?
  • Or does cancer and death create atheists?
  • Is there anything on the other side of all this?
  • Why do some ballpoint pens seem to last forever and some don’t?
  • Which is the most important ingredient for a great meal: food, people, place, other _____________?
  • Is the most important moment in life that moment of hesitation before wondering whether to tell a lie or some gossip or to hurt someone with a comment or to cheat?
  • Why does negative political campaigning seem to work better than clear platform planks for the common good of all?
  • Tell another about someone whom I was amazed with?  Because ….
  • Are zoos for people or for the animals - and do animals mind?
  • Treats seem to be the secret in keeping pets happy; how about people?
  • Do we always have to have flaws - things going wrong - some ugly stuff in every heart and every basement - and the possibility of selfishness always waiting in the wings?
  • Has anyone ever really written down their hoped for legacy before they died? Have I?
  • Is prayer more speaking to God or listening in silence to God - that is, if we believe God communicates values?
  • What do toll collectors think about when all alone on bridges, tunnels and toll roads - besides worries about losing their jobs because of  E-ZPass?
  • Does everyone have at least 3 life changing moments?
  • Does everyone have at least 3 wonderings?

© Andy Costello, Reflections 2016

No comments: