Friday, January 22, 2016



TOUCHING  THE  MOON

I was standing there at the Smithsonian
National Air and Space Museum in
Washington, D.C. and I saw a piece
of the moon on display. Wow! I was
able to touch the moon. How about that?


We humans took home 840 pounds 
of the moon from our expeditions there. 
Along with millions of other people, I got a 
chance to touch a tiny sliver of the moon.

I got to touch a piece of the rock. It
triggered a million thoughts. 
Millions of rocks are everywhere: 
diamonds, parts of bridges, walls, 
homes, sidewalks. Then there were 
the rocks men were going to throw 
at that woman caught in adultery.

Jesus challenged them that day and
they dropped the rocks and walked away.

In the meanwhile, I guess I prefer a clear
black sky, a bright white moon, things
undisturbed, blessed assurance, looking
for calm in a Sea of Tranquility with peace
and beauty as the bedrocks of my mind.


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2016
I took both pictures off the Internet,
the moon rock piece from the Smithsonian
Air and Space Museum Website.

No comments: