Sunday, September 20, 2015

September 20th, 2015

PATTERNS

People are patterns.

Well, that’s not true, but people have their
patterns and when we’re with each other,
we’re trying to figure  each other out -
from the inside out. Is that true for you?

We look for patterns. We look for déjà vu.
We are trying to find out what’s actually
going on inside this other person. Is that
true for you? Do you do that too?

I sense that there’s something in us
that moves us to try to pick up each other’s
patterns - habits - routines - grooves.

I would suspect that one major pattern in life
is ease - simplicity - and to avoid complexity.

I would suspect that another pattern in life
is you come before me. My family, my kids,
my parents, those I work for, come first.

I suspect that for others it’s just the opposite.

I suspect some like life outside my home and
some can’t wait to get home.

Some people are stuck in the past and some
are stuck in the future and some live in and for
the present moment.

Some want it now - some are more relaxed on
lines - in traffic - while sitting there in the restaurant.

Some dream and don’t do - some do and don’t dream.

Some are all heart - some are all cool blue brains.

Some know there is a God and they are grateful
for all God’s gifts. Some don’t accept that there
is a God and keep complaining about God for all
the things that are  going wrong in the world.

Some look you in the eye - some look over your
shoulder to what’s coming or they look at their watch.

Some are optimists. Some are pessimists. Some
don’t even see the glass.


© Andy Costello, Reflections, 2015

No comments: