Wednesday, June 12, 2013


PUT DOWN

Put down that book,
talk to me - be with me -
be novel - be non-fiction -
tell me your stories -
tell me who you are - what
you’re feeling, what you’re
thinking - or just listen - listen -
let’s just listen to each other
or else - or else we’re
somewhere else than
being here with each other -
right here, right now. Now.

Put down that cell phone -
turn off that iPod - you’re
smart  enough without
your smart phone - you don’t
have to be always talking
to someone else  - some miles
and miles and miles away from me.
Make me your facelook -
screen me in - don’t screen
me out. I’m here - no wires -
non battery,  non electronic -
just me. Simply me, me, me.


© Andy Costello, Reflections, 2013



Paintings by Dan Witz

1 comment:

Patrick said...

But I don't know where to start.
Why just start at the beginning.
But where is the beginning.
Why that is where you start.