Friday, September 28, 2012





IT’S ABOUT TIME


It’s about time to take care of  _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time to pray.

It’s about time to call up and talk to _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time to forgive _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time to take a good walk.

It’s about time to thank _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time to get moving.

It’s about time to write my life.

It’s about time to throw away _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time to use my talents to write that poem or paint that picture or cultivate my garden or sing that song or play that instrument.

It’s about time I went to an art museum.

It’s about time I get into better shape.

It’s about time I stopped to listen to the birds.

It’s about time to whistle. When was the last time I tried to whistle a tune - or anything - and how about trying it with a kid?

It’s about time I cleaned out my _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time I read _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time I prayed one decade of the rosary - slowly and reverently reflecting on one decade instead of rushing a whole rosary or not praying at all.

It’s about time I sorted out the family photographs.

It’s about time that I asked the big question to _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time we talked about the elephant in the room which is _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time I laughed.

It’s about time I cried.

It’s about time I let go of _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time I went to visit _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time I was in deeper communion with Jesus - that it was more than a quick bite or a quick chat.

It’s about time I stopped complaining about _______. [Fill in the blank.]

It’s about time I simply paused - became quiet - and know God is right here, right now and all is full of grace. Amen.




[Today’s first reading for the 25 Friday in Ordinary Time, Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11.  is the famous, “A time for this and a time for that” reading. We hear it at many religious ceremonies. It's also the words used by the Byrds for their hit song, “Turn, Turn, Turn”. The piece above is a first draft variation I wrote this morning for this text.]

No comments: