Thursday, July 8, 2010


LIFE:
OUT OF MY HANDS
OUT OF MY CONTROL

Quote for the Day  - July 8, 2010


"Jesus' ministry
was clearly defined,
and the alternatives
were spelled out.
A choice was made -

life abundant,
full, and free for all.
Make no mistake about it,
the day that choice was made,
Jesus became suspect.
That day in the temple

he sealed the fate
already prepared for him.
How was the world
to understand one
who rejected
an offer of power and control?"


Joan B. Campbell, Sojourners, August-September 1991


Fresco on top: "The Temptation of Christ", from around 1125 - in the Hermitage of San Baudelio de Berlanga, in the province of Soria, Spain. The Fresco was transferred to canvas.

1 comment:

Melody Hession said...

Hello, my name is melody and I am sixteen years old. I just wanted to let you know how much respect I have for you. The reason I go to mass every sunday is because I hope I get to hear you give a sermon. They are always so well done. Just thought I would let you know. Thanks :)