Thursday, July 2, 2009


DISUNITED STATES


It seems to me that people
live in different states.
It seems to me
that’s what we all do.
How about you?
Where do you live
most of the time?

Of course we’re not always
in the same place or space.
We take vacations.
We take trains or drive
to different moods –so the saying,
“Lion at home; lamb abroad!”


Yet people seem to live
in one state most of the time.

What state are you usually in?
Optimist? Pessimist?
Right? Wrong?
Conservative? Liberal?
Up? Down? In? Out?
Talker? Listener?
Rich? Poor? In Between?
Stuck? Stupid? Free and Easy?
Use Labels? Hate Labels?


Me? Maybe you have to ask those
whom I live and work with for the
answer to that question.

Me? If I have to answer for myself,
I choose not to live in a Dark Mood
or Sad Brood, or Down State.
Of course, I cross those state lines
from time to time, but most of the time,
I chose to live in the state of Grace,
the state of Smile, Joy, Laughter, and Peace.

How about you? What state
do you live in most of the time?


© Andy Costello, Reflections, 2009

No comments: