Thursday, October 2, 2008

REMOTE CONTROL

Okay, this is what I know about you
so far. I’ve been watching you.
You always get the remote,
but please, don’t point it at me.
I’m not a television. I know you
try to change my channel when
I become boring or challenging,
when you want different. Sorry.
I’m not a program to be programmed.
I have my own ideas – my own ways.
My script isn’t finished yet – I’m
still in draft mode. I’m still figuring.
I don’t have to enjoy what you enjoy.
I don’t have to vote for the person
you’re pushing. I hear your reasons,
but I have my reasons. Don’t scream.
Don’t manipulate. Don’t push my buttons.
From what I’ve seen so far,
I don’t think you’re remotely aware of
who I am – what I’m thinking of.
Tune in once in a while
You might find me interesting.


© Andy Costello,
Reflections 2008

No comments: