Tuesday, July 24, 2007

INNER MASS

Lord Jesus, like you,
I start in a sanctuary,
in the womb, the altar of my mother.
Like everyone
I start as egg, the gift of my mother,
and seed, the gift of my father.
I take part in the sacred liturgy
called, “Pregnancy” –
in deep communion
with my mother and father,
primal priests like Mary and the Father.
Holy, Holy, Holy….
Hearing my mother’s heart beat,
hearing her experiencing, “Eucharist!
This is my body….
This is my blood ….
I am giving it to you –
being consecrated in the Spirit …”
I start small, very small, totally needy,
like a wheat seed planted in mother earth,
growing night and day in the long process
of becoming me, becoming bread, becoming body,
becoming blood, till my birth, till I’m ready
to be gift to others, to be daily bread,
eaten up by others,
being what my mother was for me:
Eucharist, Thanksgiving, Life for others,
as I take part in daily
Passion, Death, Resurrection,
giving and going each day in peace
in this Outer Mass called, “Life.” Amen!



© Andrew Costello 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW !!!