Friday, May 27, 2016

May 27, 2016


AS IS….

You meet me 
and ask, "How are you?"

I don't know at times....

And you? How are you today?

I come as is….

Good move because
when I try to be 
more
or less 
or different than I am …. 
Well, then - 
you’re not really being
with who I am ….

Me?  I’m just this me who I am. 

Wait a second I’m talking gibberish. 

Let me try to explain. 

Okay. This is me - 
the normal me
and the sort of out of sorts me - 
at times.

And some days I am unable to
to explain who I am that day.

Tomorrow, let me try again - 
and then there is always next week?

Okay?  See you then.

Wait, if you ask me,
these comments seem
kind of strange or stupid -
or at least confusing - 
- but then again - 
what are you really asking me?

Do you know? Do I know?

Sometimes I just don't know.

How about you?



                                                                   © Andy Costello, Reflections 2016



No comments: