Tuesday, May 19, 2020

May  19,  2020



ROCK  AND  WATER

For some reason, I stopped for a moment.
A realizing is happening. After a while everything
between us has become rock and water ….

Did I just say something in Zen –
that relationships, conversations –
everything in life is give and take?

I look up. Drop by drop  the rain falls
on the earth. I look out and see the
waves keep continuing towards the shore ….

Sometimes I’m the giver; sometimes the receiver;
sometimes I have no clue where I am – in
a cloud – in the ocean – or deep in a rock.

Now what? Next? More? Stop! Wait! Is there a message,
a meaning, an answer here? Of course there is. It's the
pause when we can become aware of the ALL.


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2020
Picture taken of the jetty at the
Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland,
but I could also use a picture of the 
rocks and the ocean where I now
am in Long Branch, New Jersey.


No comments: