Monday, August 14, 2017

August 14,  2017




TIPPING  POINT

Did you ever wonder what word
or phrase was used before someone
came up with,  “Tipping Point”?

How did Shakespeare or the songwriters
or the world’s scriptures sing it or say it
before Malcolm Gladwell booked it?

Waiting for the dawn, looking out the
window, watching for the phone to
ring or sing or say, “I’m coming home.”

Or do all of us have a breaking point -
a boiling point - when we’re steaming -
when we burst - and the fireworks go off?

We realize we can’t give a sign of peace.
Instead we scream,  “I’ve attended a
Critical Mass and I’m out of here.”

The learning curve sometimes becomes
a circle and our song is, “Déjà vu” or
“Sorry! I guess … you’ll never learn!”

Then again, sometimes it rains in the
desert.  We get an insight. Surprise,
it’s Easter Sunday morning and I’m it.


 © Andy Costello, Reflections  2017

No comments: