Thursday, October 29, 2015

October 29, 2015

POTATOES

Potatoes - I’m prejudiced about potatoes.
They look so lower class - in the field -
in the store - in the vegetable section of
the supermarket. They are basically ugly -
compared to strawberries, watermelons,
peaches, ice cream - and walnut pie - BUT
but surprise - potatoes can surprise us.
I’ve seen folks laughing - smiling big time
while eating potato chips or French fries -
or roasted potatoes - or even baked potatoes
with white sour cream or cold butter. BUT -
but sorry - I hate boiled potatoes. They look
ugly. I know some folks like them.  Ugh. 
I don’t. In looks, they haven’t moved far 
enough up the food chain for my satisfaction.

"Kind of tough on them, aren't you?"

"Yes!"

"Hey, I thought you were Irish?"

"Yes."




© Andy Costello, Reflections 2015

No comments: