Friday, February 11, 2011


FALLING


Falling on ice – unfortunate,
but so often, so obvious ….
Ooops – slipping, sliding,
feet shooting out - then
finding myself flat on my back.

Falling into sin – unfortunate,
but so often, so oblivious ….
Ooops – slipping, sliding,
life falling apart – then much later,
realizing I've fallen flat on my face.

Just one more drink, a flirt,
pocketing someone's money,
laziness, not thinking,
slow procrastination,
slow self delusion… sleep….

Resurrection – rolling away
the stone – getting out of
the hole – the obvious call,
but I’ve become so oblivious
to Sunday morning alarms?


© Andy Costello, Reflections 2011

1 comment:

Mary Joan said...

Good one .

Slipping and sliding ...............we are oblivious , aren't we many times ?

Hopefully we wake up in time .